Friday, January 18, 2008

Things I cared about B.C. (Before Colton)



I was looking through some old pictures of me from before I had Colton. This one was taken in May, 2006. I thought, "Hmmm, look at me with my lip gloss and perfect hair. I bet I even have shaved legs." I decided to compile a list of things that mattered to me then, that are not so important now that I have an infant.

  1. 1. Make-up: Every morning my son is nice enough to sit in his swing in the bathroom and wait while I shower. I have about 15 minutes maximum to finish. That includes getting dressed, everything. So the last thing I do is decide if I will put on mascara. Just mascara. I think about the end of the day when I am getting ready for bed and I think, "Ugh. Do I really want to have to get out a cotton ball and the make-up remover to take it off before I go to bed?" No. So...mascara is usually a no.
  2. Washing my hair: I have convinced myself that my hair is more manageable if it is dirty. Enough said.
  3. Clothes: Just last week I realized that I was wearing the same 4 t-shirts in rotation. Two black and two white. And the same 3 pairs of jeans. Gone are the days of planning outfits for the weekend schananagins.
  4. Shaving my legs and other parts: Ummm....yeah.
  5. Hair color: I used to spend a lot of money and time in the salon getting my hair highlighted. This morning I used the tweezers to pull out 4 or 5 gray hairs. This battle is useless. They are winning.
  6. Being tan: Again, money and time on either laying in the sun or having it sprayed on like Earl Sheib. Now, if I am in shorts people think I have on white hose.
  7. Smelling good: I have more great smelling lotions than I know what to do with that are collecting dust! Now my scent is, "Eau de spit-up"
  8. Earrings and other accessories: Earrings are just another step in my routine that is a waste and a necklace Colton will jsut grab and try to eat anyway. And purses? What's that? Does my diaper bag match my shoes???

My point is that my life has changed in so many ways and I wouldn't change it for anything. So what if I find an unknown crusty substance stuck to my arm after I go to bed. He's all worth it. He doesn't care that I have grey hairs and no make up and wore the same thing twice this week. And the spit up smell I'm sure he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment