Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mr Cheeks

I was thinking about my nephew turning 12 last month and that I can't believe how fast the time goes. I remember when he was born and was under 6 pounds and how tiny he was. When Colton was born he was so easy to carry around...fast forward almost 5 months and now the little man is about 17 pounds. Doing some quick math in my head (okay, I used a calculator), I figured out that if Colton continued to gain weight at the rate he has the last 5 months, when he is 16 he will weigh roughly 900 pounds. Hopefully by then I will be done breastfeeding. He's a great eater...he doesn't care where we are, what time it is, or even if he ate 20 minutes ago, he'll eat again.

I used to think moms that nursed their babies until they were more than a year old were wierd, now I add that to the list of judgements I had about parents before I had a child of my own. I'm not saying I will do it, but I can understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment