Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Motherhood


Everyone asks me, "So how does it feel to be a mommy?" I have answered a lot of difficult questions in my life, and that one is the hardest to answer. Not because I don't know what to say, but to put it into words is the difficult part. I feel like no matter how articulate I am, I will miss something or not be able to explain it. How do you describe the greatest accomplishment of your life? Sure, if I climbed Mount Everest or completed a PhD program I could describe the journey, the training or the studying and the ending.....but this is different.

When Colton was born I felt like someone pulled out my heart and handed it to me. Late at night the first day he was born I was laying in the hospital bed holding him and his little hand reached up and touched my face. I looked at him and at that moment I felt as if an angel flew into the room and kissed us both. I don't think I have told anyone that because it sounds so corny, but honestly that's how it was. I thought, "This is it. This is what everyone talks about. This is what I have been waiting for my whole life."

No comments:

Post a Comment