Friday, February 15, 2008

Time



I think when a child is born a switch is flipped to make the passage of time even faster. Colton's 6 month birthday past this week and I have never experienced a faster time lapse than the last 6 months. Granted, the first 8 weeks or so seemed to drag with the endless feedings and sleepless nights, but that quickly faded away and suddenly we find ourselves looking towards his first birthday this summer.

I also find myself thinking about the "next step". Now that he sits up, when will he crawl? Will he walk soon after? When can I give him table food? I recently heard a quote that went something like, "The greatest accomplishments in life are in the experiences in getting there, not the accomplishment itself". I think about that sometimes....the little moments that mean more than the big milestones. When I ask him for a kiss and he leans forward and plants a slobbery mess on my chin.Or when I am putting him to bed, instead of laying him down right away after he eats, I bask in the sweetness of him laying his head down on my shoulder for a few minutes. I'll take those moments any day and ask time to stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment