Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Never a dull moment

This morning was one of those moments that is so frustrating I end up laughing. Shower time is adventurous. I put Sydney in Colton's crib to keep her safe and I foolishly let Colton run loose. He is fascinated with everything we have in the bathroom from the toilet paper roll, to my toothpaste bottle and everything in between. All the cabinets have safety locks, but there are several things he can get into that slip by me.

This morning I was in the shower and I hear him getting into something. I peek around the shower curtain and he has pulled a basket closer to the edge of the counter and is inspecting it's contents. I tell him no, and he moves on to pulling the folded up towels all over the floor.

A couple minutes later I turn the water off and open the shower curtain. I see Colton holding an empty bottle of my make-up remover and hear him say, "Water". I gasp, he whirls around with the empty bottle in his hand. He sits down and pulls a towel over his head. Our conversation goes like this:

Me: Colton?

Him: Colton?

Me: Did you spill Mommy's make-up stuff?

Him: Colton, where are you?

Me: Were you naughty?

Him: Were you naughty?

Me: Did you make a mess?

Him: Make a mess?

At this point I begin to laugh. He's 2, and I pick my battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment